Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Storm Wardens Progress update week 2

My task for The Great Storm Wardens Collaborative Army Build and Charity Drawing" is a 10 man Squad of Scouts and a Land speeder Storm. The basic squad is together and now for some nice details. The background for the Storm Wardens gives them a bit of a William Wallace feel, they even have woad facial markings. I used some of the less nordic looking space wolf scout heads to go with the "Wallace" feel.


I went a little overboard with the Scout Sergeant and gave him a powerfist and plasma pistol.


All the scouts will be getting greenstuff should pad markings, The Storm Warden Shield and squad number.


The greenstuff markings are made from laser etched mold that I make.

I then use a mold release and press the greenstuff in and let cure overnight. Once peeled off you trim the individual icons/numbers off and glue to the shoulder pads.


6 comments:

  1. hmmmm.... laser etching you say?

    and exactly how much would that cost to buy?...

    i really want one of those...

    and the scouts look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely with Vinci76! I need them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was going to ask the same as Vinci76 :D

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make that a forth. I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not too much. If you want more info drop me a line with what you are interested in - wynn at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in, too. I need some Mechanicus symbols...

    ReplyDelete